1. Showcase the property's best features:
Highlight the property's key selling points, such as large windows, a spacious kitchen or a beautiful backyard.
2. Use natural lighting:
Take advantage of natural light to create bright and inviting images. If you do not have a lot of natural light available make sure that you have plenty of lamps and overhead lighting.
3. Clean and declutter:
Go room by room and clear out any clutter and donate or throw it away. Then you’ll want to deep clean your home so that the photos showcase your home at its best!.
4. Highlight the flow of the property:
Use wide-angle shots to give a sense of the property's layout and flow. This allows the viewer to understand how the home is laid out.
5. Edit the photos:
Use photo-editing software to enhance the images, removing any blemishes or distractions. It is almost always a good idea to lighten the photos a bit to make the image clearer. The Identité Collective has some really great presets that make editing super easy.
6. Provide high-quality images:
Invest in professional equipment and take high-resolution images to ensure they look sharp and clear when displayed online.
Here are some of the top-rated cameras for real estate photography:
- Sony A7R IV: This mirrorless camera offers high resolution, fast autofocus and excellent image stabilization.
- Canon EOS R5: This full-frame mirrorless camera has high image quality, fast autofocus and a large touchscreen.
- Nikon Z7 II: This full-frame mirrorless camera offers high resolution and fast autofocus, making it a great option for real estate photography.
- Panasonic Lumix S1R: This full-frame mirrorless camera has high resolution and excellent image stabilization.
- Canon EOS 5DS R: This full-frame DSLR offers exceptional image quality and high resolution, making it ideal for real estate photography.
- Fujifilm GFX 100: This medium format camera offers excellent image quality and resolution, making it ideal for high-end real estate photography.
- Sony Alpha 7S III: This full-frame mirrorless camera offers high-quality video recording and fast autofocus, making it a great option for virtual tours.
7.Consider drone photography:
Aerial shots can provide a unique perspective and showcase the property's surroundings. Drone photography or videography is especially recommended when you have a large and beautiful yard to showcase.
8. Provide virtual tours:
Offer virtual tours to give potential buyers an interactive experience of the property. These are quickly becoming popular because it makes it easy for potential buyers with busy schedules to see your property!
9. Stage your home:
Staging your home is a great way to highlight the best features and demonstrate a home's potential. It’s especially important if you have a problem area that will be difficult to imagine living in. Staging also increases your chances of selling a home fast. For example, a survey from the International Association of Home Staging Professionals shows that “staging helps sell homes three to 30 times faster than the non staged competition.”
Maybe you have already taken the steps to get your home ready for listing photos but you don’t want to invest in a professional camera. That’s okay! Search your area for a real estate photographer to take the photos for you, and remember to check their reviews. At Set to Sell, we recommend David at Crimson Homes Photography because of his attention to detail and quick turnaround time.
We hope this has helped you to prepare for listing your home for sale! Comment any questions below! Have a great day!